piggy momma
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2018
70 hugs
given
Default Mar 11, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
IQ testing in america do not go according to your race religion disability. we have discrimination laws that prevent that kind of thing.

IQ tests here in america measure your own individual scores....

you know like how in school you had to take math tests, history tests, Science tests...

IQ tests measure what you, yourself knows...

examples ....

when I took my IQ test I had to add subtract and multiply, divide. I had to tell the psychiatrist who the president of the USA right now was. The psychiatrist told me some words that were not matched together and asked me to remember them and then repeat them back to him when he asked me to.

I had to make pictures with colored blocks, I had to read and write something. I had to tell a story of what was happening in some pictures.

I also had to answer some science and social studies questions.

the psychiatrist marked down when I reached so many questions right and wrong. then he scored my test and told me that my reading level was this grade and my math score was that grade and history grade, told me all the test scores, then he added all my scores together, then divided that number by how many tests I had to do and that gave us what my average IQ score was. just like in school when you had to do tests in each of your classes. thats what IQ tests are like.
You do get your individual score but when the test was created it had to be normed on a set of the population. A good test will be normed inclusive of various cultures, backgrounds, genders, etc etc etc. While no test is free of culture bias, a good test should have as little cultural bias as possible.
piggy momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote