View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Mar 11, 2019 at 06:04 PM

i see the new prescriber tomorrow. controlled substances are not an option. i currently take 20mgs/abilify and low dose (max: 300mgs) neurontin/gabapentin. i was thinking...

i sometimes get so low down depressed that its basically...negative symptoms. i mean, my brain shuts down, i get low grade voices, and i gain weight. this is on the abilify, btw. the last time i had an untreated episode of (apparently...) 'psychotic depression,' it ended in heavy duty involuntary shock 'treatments.' eek.

so, im thinking...keep the abilify steady @ 20, up the gabapentin (decreasing agitation, anxiety helps lift my mood a bit...makes sense, intuitively...), and see about Mirapex. some people are prescribed mirapex for negative symptoms, severe depression...

does that make sense? the prescriber seems laid back and option to options, but apparently...---no antidepressants--- true story. im kinda sad about it, because wellbutrin was ok until...it wasn't (jitters @ 400mgs, after 2 years or so...weird...).

gabapentin kinda causes some oddly nerve wracking 'disinhibtion,' but im adjusting to it. its like...better mood, better writing, not as locked up in brain loops (i have ocd-traits, not full on ocd. weird, huh?).

so...i was thinking try to go to a full 900mgs/daily gabapentin and add in mirapex.

what do you other people out there think? thanks in advance. :-)
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220