View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Mar 11, 2019 at 08:11 PM

Hello Ckotrady: Thank you for bringing your concern here to PC. I noticed this is your first post. So... welcome to Psych Central.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with such difficult information. I can only imagine what this must be like for you. I guess the only thing I can offer with regard to this is that the person your father was does not affect the person you are.

I don't know if you've considered talking this through with a counselor or therapist. Sometimes having the opportunity to talk things through at-length & in-depth with an objective person can be helpful. At least from my perspective, I think the thing you probably don't want to do is to keep how you're feeling bottled up inside. That can be a prescription for ongoing sadness in my experience.

Coming here to PC can certainly be of help too. There are lots of caring, compassionate members here. So please do keep posting. I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear