Velvet Lounger
Grand Poohbah

Velvet Lounger has no updates.

5 yr Member
182 hugs
given
Default Mar 12, 2019 at 09:57 AM

I'm sorry you are struggling, HD7970GHZ

First of all, I recommend you talk to your doctor and request a referral to the appropriate therapist. Discuss with your doctor what has been happening to you, and any fears. It would be helpful to you if you told your doctor of having a games addiction. Maybe you have an addition to gaming, or maybe not. I do, however, understand how addictive some games become. I adore Bubbleshooter, playing competitively with my daughter. She may be 13, but it's uncanny how she beats me every time!

In the past what I found useful was switching off my computer at least 2 hours before bedtime, and reading a book or watching an interesting television programme and then being in bed by 10pm. I've never been a gamer, but love flash games and playing Solitaire, the latter helping me think alongside the game's strategy. FreeCell is another game that is most loved. I love spending quality time with my daughter. We also have a good caring friend toi talk to when times become too emotional. A trusted caring friend is more value than gold.

Having some background classical music playing is helpful. I love Chopin, Mozart or one of the more romantic composers such as Tchaikovsky. Or play some soothing acoustic guitar music. That is lovely, putting our minds at rest. Habitually because I suffer PTSD, I will avoid watching televisione news, or any programmes I would find upsetting. During the evenings we need to calm our minds. Avoid stimulating drinks such as coffee or caffeinated soda drinks.

What can keep us awake is the blueish-white light our computer devices give out, including phones. This is what happens when we spend too long on our devices in the evening. I should imagine that gaming can be visually and emotionally stimulating. I apologise if I am in any way incorrect.

What has been very useful is downloading f.lux It is freely available as a download, designed to prevent eyestrain and insomnia. The people who designed it only need your sunset/sunrise time and email addresss. They promise never to spam you. They have never spammed me. What f.lux does is at sunset, puts an adjustible pink cast across one's screen. It can be turned off, and its Degrees Kelvin, a light intensity gradation adjusted to suit your eyesight, thus enabling your body to feel sleepy at the right time of the evening. I've had f.lux many years, and my daughter uses it, too.

I am sure that a therapist or even a counsellor can help you find ways of coping, and advising on other ways of finding sleep more easily. At night time when finding sleep difficult, I use a noise generator. It simulates sounds of the ocean, the crashing of waves on the seashore. I find this very lovely, especially since I am unwell again this week. There is no cost involved. Many people find it wonderfully helpful.

Unreal Ocean • The Ultimate Ocean & Waves Ambience

Wishing you all the best

Velvet Lounger

You hold me still,
I always did,
I always will,
Love you, love you, love you.
Velvet Lounger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ