Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2019 at 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I have a supportive fiance, but I don't want to burden him with my emotional issues at the end of the work day.
Have you asked him if he would mind you sharing about work and leaning on him? A lot of times we think we are protecting our loved ones by keeping everything bottled up when all they really want to do is comfort us and be there for us. Do not take that away from him if he wants to do it.
Quote:
I don't know how to cope with my anxiety lately since it seems to be getting worse. I do have a therapist and I do have anti-anxiety meds that I take as needed.

I guess my question is: how do people cope with their anxiety? Mine is pretty severe.. or so it seems lately. I had been doing great for a while there, but it's only just gotten worse recently.
Medication is what helps me the most with that underlying baseline anxiety and then I also lean on my husband and therapist. I wish there were an easy answer but my gut keeps going back to you considering sharing with your partner. He can always tell you its too much for him or he needs a break but I think its worthwhile giving him a chance.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879