xmascarol
Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2018
9 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2019 at 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
I'm so sorry you're hurting so much, xmascarol How old are your kids? Unfortunately kids don't always respect their parents as they should. You're definitely not alone in this. What are they busy with when you ask them to help? If they're not making up excuses, you could propose to help them a little bit in whathever they're doing at the moment. That way they'll finish sooner, and they'll be able to help you with what YOU need to do. Perhaps you could try to reach some sort of agreement about this. I'm so sorry your kids aren't respectful of your MI. I'd suggest to talk to them about this and see how it goes from there. Perhaps they're not aware of how hurtful these comments are for you. Try to tell them that you're hurting because of these comments and that you would want them to stop making them. Hopefully they'll listen to you and understand you. I'm so sorry, dealing with kids is not easy at all. It can be very stressful. I'm sure they love you, they just don't show it too much. It can happen. It's hard for people without MI to understand people with MI, like Anxiety for example. You're a wonderful mother. Be proud of yourself for that. From what you wrote there's no doubt that you love them very much. Please don't give up. Try to hang on. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. You're a strong, wonderful person, xmascarol. Please don't give up. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of this
First of all I want to say thank you.My son is 34 and my daughter is 41 .I tried talking to them but it goes through one ear out to another.I understand my son has kids but he was never like this before sorry to say but I have a feeling this is his wives doing.Even when I tell him that my land lady is messing around with me he could care less,ya that way he doesnt have to deal with her and I know he doesnt like her either nobody does.He told me when I fist moved into these new apts that he and my daughter cannot do my laundry for me ,they dont have the time oh come on all I got is like two shirts and two pairs of pant and sox and some faceclothes that is it.Beside he has to wash his clothes doesnt he,I have a friend who will do that and he even takes out my trash when my own kids should be doing that .I gave them both a really nice gift for Christmas I made a huge box up of stuff like paper plates, paper two plastic spoons forks stuff like that did a lot of grocery shopping for them must have spent at least 300 dollars each for the both of them .Do I get a thank you no.So guess what I am not doing it anymore.I hardly ever get to see my two grandchildren how sad is this ?He lives only ten minutes away from me,I remember a couple of times get this his wife timed how long it took them to get here,Who does that type a thing?
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote