View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2019 at 03:54 AM

I do not think being hetero has much influence on my life but I believe that is because I am what the mainstream would consider "normal" ( I hate that word!) I have never had to worry about who I love or what other people think of my sexuality. I have never had to worry about being attacked or having a hate crime perpetuated against me. I wasn't an adult during the 80's watching all my friends die of Aids. I never had to fake my sexuality because it wasn't socially acceptable. In this way I have experienced privilege because I am straight. Many LGTBQ people experience prejudice, bias and stereotyping. They grow up in shame and hiding who they love out of fear that their loved ones will disown or hate them. They have to worry more about their physical safety and many undergo years of bullying. So I guess this is my roundabout way of saying my sexuality is just there and I think people who's sexuality strays from the status quo have a whole different feeling when it comes to their sexuality and its impact on how they live their lives.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Calypso2632, starryprince