View Single Post
20oney

Member Since Dec 2014
378 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2019 at 06:59 AM

Hey..

So about 18 months ago, I lost one of my closest friends suddenly to an aircraft accident. He was one of maybe 3 people who I’ve ever had in my life who I’ve actually felt completely comfortable with so his passing was a difficult one to say the least. As to be expected I guess, there are still days where I really struggle, but I am generally at peace with it...

It’s his birthday next weekend. I moved away from my hometown 12 months ago, but I will be visiting home on his birthday. Initially I thought that it was perfect timing as I could visit a place that brings back a very nice memory with him. But the thing is, I don’t have a lot of time while I’m in town. I keep putting off catching up with my other friends, so I think maybe I should spend time with them instead of revisiting an old memory - again..

I don’t know, I don’t think I’m really looking for an answer. I really want to be with him on his birthday. But maybe this is a good opportunity to move forward a little bit more.

As with all of the ‘special occasions’, this time of year certain flares up the sadness..

- AP
20oney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, Anonymous44076, Anonymous55879, CANDC, nonightowl, Trace14, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
nonightowl