View Single Post
Anonymous55879
Anonymous55879 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 13, 2019 at 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20oney View Post
It’s his birthday next weekend. I moved away from my hometown 12 months ago, but I will be visiting home on his birthday. Initially I thought that it was perfect timing as I could visit a place that brings back a very nice memory with him. But the thing is, I don’t have a lot of time while I’m in town. I keep putting off catching up with my other friends, so I think maybe I should spend time with them instead of revisiting an old memory - again..
I am so sorry for your loss. People just can't be replaced so of course you struggle with it. In time, you will be more and more at peace with it yet, periodically, the discomfort will rear it's head unexpectantly. At least that is my experience with the loss of my mother (it's OK, I lost her decades ago).

Whenever I return home, I never do all the things (especially in regards to seeing friends) I had hoped to do. Try to be realistic but gentle on yourself. If you don't do all that you intended--that's OK. I have always found visiting the place that brings back happy memories more profound than other ways we remember people. However, do what moves you and go easy on yourself if you find yourself not ready or to busy to go through with it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
20oney, Trace14

Thanks for this!
20oney, nonightowl