Thread: I need a cure.
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 13, 2019 at 03:18 PM

Hello Lifelong Loner,

I am so sorry for your anguish. I can tell that you are in a lot of pain.

I wonder if you have heard of Tim Gunn at all? He is a 65 year old gay man and opted not to have sex for decades because he remains fearful about the risk of AIDS. He is a very successful person in his chosen field: fashion. I admire him. He is articulate, very intelligent, and kind. There is something deeply dignified and sophisticated about him.

I mention him because perhaps you would enjoy reading about him? He is living proof that a gay man in his 60s can lead a happy and successful life without engaging in sexual relationships. I define successful based on the individual....whatever is important to them.

With regard to "this entire society is the worst" are you referring to Society at large or how Society treats gay folks? With regard to Society at large, if you look back at the thread you created here and the responses you received, you will see that some people are caring and kind. That's got to count for something, right?

I care. I am sorry you are so unhappy. I am sorry for the loss of your friends to AIDS. That must have been deeply disturbing and frightening for you. I wish you peace, hope, and a bright future. I would wish that for you whether you are older, younger, gay, or straight. That is what you deserve as an intrinsically valuable human being.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LifelongLoner