View Single Post
Anonymous49426

Default Mar 13, 2019 at 05:26 PM

I have also been called names and bullied. Actually, I haven't experienced much name calling in my life, but I am very sensitive to words, and recently, someone called me something very false and also I felt bullied by them too. It's interesting to me that sometimes, the one who does the bullying seems to feel like the victim themselves of something. I know I definitely triggered something in this other person unintentionally. Anyway, I was feeling very badly about this incident, and someone said to me "you do know that just because someone calls you something doesn't make it true, right?" Something clicked for me then. It's so true. Someone can say something about me and it can be absolutely untrue. Like in that instance. To the OP, I get what you are saying. Words and even just knowing that people are acting that way behind your back, can lower self esteem and make you feel badly. Perhaps spend more time with the people who are nice to you and who you trust and do like. Find ways to keep yourself safe as well. That's important. I try to remember, too, that people who gossip and talk about others in such a way, are really not very evolved (emotionally, socially). I would also ask myself "Am I doing something that is making them upset? How can I smooth things with them? Is that possible?" That is just me though.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Marylin