precaryous
Inner Space Traveler

Member Since May 2014
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2019 at 07:16 PM

I just started having this problem.

I have had tinnitus forever and I mostly ignore it. I experience tinnitus as sounds in my ear, high notes, low notes, sometimes my ear mimics a ringing phone. But I understand these are sounds in my ear.

I’m hearing reoccurring hearing bass sounds. These are different than tinnitus because, I swear, the bass sounds sound like they are coming from next door, or from someone playing their music too loud in their car. These are sounds *away* from me.

For the longest time I thought the bass sounds were neighbors playing music too loud. I even stepped outside to try to find the source, but gave up. My daughter visited me but she couldn’t hear it. I can even feel the vibrations of the bass sounds through the floor! I dismissed it as neighbors playing music.

Last week I sat in my therapist’s waiting room waiting for our session when I realized I could still hear the bass! I was shocked! Im not one one to experience hallucinations, so I was worried! T is the one who told me about musical ear syndrome. She wants me to make an appointment with my ENT and let her examine me.

I am 63 now but I have had hearing difficulties ever since I was a kid. My hearing has worsened as I get older. Supposedly, the brain is trying to fill in the void of the sounds my ear is missing...and it comes out as musical notes- bass notes in my case.

Any one here with musical ear syndrome: are you hard of hearing, too?
precaryous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote