View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 14, 2019 at 03:04 AM

I have bipolar II and adhd. I was treated for the BP first in my early 20's and then when I was stable I began treatment for adhd. I have been on adderall for like 13 years and I take it exactly as prescribed and only once I needed a dose increase and that was after my gastric bypass. Someone with bipolar can take amphetamines but they have to be monitored in the beginning. Yes it can be dangerous to just start popping them whenever you want but if you have a good doctor who is willing to closely monitor you it can work out. I have been seeing my doctor for 17 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annielovesbacon View Post
I totally feel you. When I take adderall every once in a while, it makes me feel like a brand new person.

But a couple years ago I liked the feeling so much that I started taking it every day. Soon the euphoria and happiness wore off but I had to keep taking it because if I stopped, then I crashed and felt absolutely horrible. Eventually it messed up my sleep enough that it sent me manic.

I cannot lie and say I don't still take it every once in a while, but I only take it for what I deem "emergencies." Please don't get in the habit of taking it regularly, that's very dangerous even for someone without bipolar.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky