Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 14, 2019 at 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWalker View Post
Hello! I also am having lots of work related anxiety lately. How i cope with it probably isn't the best answer, but I zone out on video games daily to take my mind off of worries. I suppose any hobby that requires concentration could work

Changing jobs might be something to consider, but the only thing that fills me with more dread than going in to work some days, is the thought of starting over in a different career. (There are other places in my field I COULD work, but...as best as I can explain while being anonymous, I'm in the best possible place in my field. I've worked the big corporate scene. It was hell on earth when I left and it's gotten exponentially worse since then. But greedy management and a bullying supervisor with a temper problem is making the "mom and pop" area not so great either)

Whew...sorry to hijack, a long winded way to say I understand that the idea of changing jobs can cause at least as much anxiety as working in a stressful one.
Thanks MrWalker, I appreciate your input! So sorry you're going through something similar. Anxiety is the worst isn't it? It's maddening.

I don't play video games, but I may start listening to my ocean waves while I am at work (with headphones). That may help.

Yesterday I felt pushed over the edge. My boss is asking too much of me, and it's making me beyond anxious. We're understaffed right now, so I am being pulled in a thousand directions.

I did push back a little yesterday and told him that I wasn't comfortable delivering a certain project this week and that I needed more time. I told him it would be crap work if I handed it in this week. He eventually backed off. I still don't feel good about it though because now I am not meeting my boss's expectations, when he's already pushing me too hard.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote