View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 14, 2019 at 10:23 AM

It's definitely very hard to deal with abusers because they NEVER want to admit anything and they gaslight and then gaslight about gaslighting. I am having a VERY hard time with this challenge when it comes to my older sister and my parents and how she has been abusing the powers she has with them.

There are times where I get so angry that I get these huge urges to email her or text her about all the classic abuser tactics she uses. The problem with that is she will just find some way of using it against me. She also is incredibly dismissive where she says "not interested in the past I am ONLY thinking about the NOW". To her the past can be two days ago when she said or did something toxic again.

Actually? It can be a trigger to me when someone says "what about the NOW" to me because this is a method my abusive sister uses when she refuses to discuss how she once again lied or gaslighted. Her aim is to constantly encourage it's YOUR fault too. She also takes EVERY step she can to keep me from getting any information from anyone else but her, so she puts in a lot of effort to ISOLATE.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949