View Single Post
Anonymous49426
Anonymous49426 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 14, 2019 at 03:52 PM

Thank you for the hugs mountainstream and Fuzzybear. Hugs back.

Hi Bill. No, I have not looked at the DSM V. I think deep down I knew it was a depression symptom. I don't know why I posed it as a question. I did want to know what people thought. I know it's a symptom of many things, and perhaps a better question would be "IS this depression or something else?" However, some days have passed and it seems I have been depressed. Low energy, holing up in my home, not wanting to do things, and negative thoughts.

Update:

I think I need to find acceptance of this symptom. Its something I've experienced for a long time. Anxiety over social things doesn't help either. It's a ball of anxiety and depression all telling me to stay home.

I find that caffeine helps me and I've been drinking coffee lol. I also find that talking to others does help, as well as getting myself to exercise. It's starting to be nicer outside, and I want to be in nature badly.

I talked to my therapist today. We talked about exercise (finding something I enjoy doing in that area) and volunteering, and just keeping on keeping on. Therapists do not have magic wands. Lol. I sometimes tell people, out of reassurance, that I'll "Talk to my therapist about this." I do not think my therapist has a magic wand, at least. Sometimes we are what were are, life is what it is, and that's ok. I tend to think of the word patience in my self work. Patience is important, as well as...patting myself on the back more. We actually spent a lot of the session talking about my interest in working with kids. It felt like a lighter topic. However, we did problem solve a little too
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Bill3, Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Bill3, MickeyCheeky