View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 14, 2019 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptak View Post
Thank you for the hugs mountainstream and Fuzzybear. Hugs back.

Hi Bill. No, I have not looked at the DSM V. I think deep down I knew it was a depression symptom. I don't know why I posed it as a question. I did want to know what people thought. I know it's a symptom of many things, and perhaps a better question would be "IS this depression or something else?" However, some days have passed and it seems I have been depressed. Low energy, holing up in my home, not wanting to do things, and negative thoughts.

Update:

I think I need to find acceptance of this symptom. Its something I've experienced for a long time. Anxiety over social things doesn't help either. It's a ball of anxiety and depression all telling me to stay home.

I find that caffeine helps me and I've been drinking coffee lol. I also find that talking to others does help, as well as getting myself to exercise. It's starting to be nicer outside, and I want to be in nature badly.

I talked to my therapist today. We talked about exercise (finding something I enjoy doing in that area) and volunteering, and just keeping on keeping on. Therapists do not have magic wands. Lol. I sometimes tell people, out of reassurance, that I'll "Talk to my therapist about this." I do not think my therapist has a magic wand, at least. Sometimes we are what were are, life is what it is, and that's ok. I tend to think of the word patience in my self work. Patience is important, as well as...patting myself on the back more. We actually spent a lot of the session talking about my interest in working with kids. It felt like a lighter topic. However, we did problem solve a little too
Hello Ptak,

first I want to say that I've read several of your recent posts to others on PC. I find you to be a very intelligent and empathetic person. I believe you have likely already helped several folks here with your warmth and kindness. You are a ray of sunshine on PC. You have much to be proud of Ptak! I think children would be lucky to have someone like you working with them.

Second, I am sorry that you've not been feeling great. Whether you feel it is depression or something else. You are right that therapists don't have magic wands and patience can be very important. However, this post I've quoted here sounds to me like you are almost resigning yourself to some level of unhappiness. Am I way off there? I apologize in advance if that offends you. Zero judgment here. You have my support. Let me know what you think about my question. I have some more ideas for you but only if you feel like hearing them. Unsolicited advice never helped anyone!

I wish you peace and a bright future. You deserve it Ptak!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous49426, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky