View Single Post
SouthernCharm89
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2016
Unhappy Mar 14, 2019 at 08:28 PM

Hi all, I've been on 5mg of citalopram for over a year and a half. On Feb 22 (with permission) I began tapering 2.5. My March 1st I thought I could just stop with that low of a dosage. Withdrawal symptoms happened fast with headaches, flu-like symptoms, sweating, pains, etc. Went to urgent care on the 5th and restarted at 5mg, in desparate need on the 6th I took a 10mg continued until March 11th couldn't handle the fatigue so I went back to 5mg but stayed awake the entire night tossing and turning so on the 12th I restarted the 10mg and have been consistent since. My head has been in pain for nearly 2 weeks and my appetite comes and goes. I can't focus at work and nearly passed out Wednesday from being so flushed. I only have a GP and she suggested I continue on the 10 for a 'few days' (not sure how long) then go back to 5mg. I know I've messed up jumping to a 10mg and pinging back and forth...I don't know what I was thinking I just wanted the pains to stop. I'm so scared of what I may have done to myself. I don't know what to do
SouthernCharm89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady