saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Heart Mar 15, 2019 at 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Chaos View Post
I hear ya about the volunteering thing. Unfortunately, my day job requires me to deal with people who are far worse off than I am anyway. I love what I do. I love helping others.

One truly sad factor of all of this is that, on paper at least, I have a great life. I have people who love, care about, and support me. I have every material item that I want. I love my job. I'm pretty healthy all things considered. I could quit my job today and travel the world with a friend on her dime. I "should" be happy. I'm not though.

Silk Chaos: does it help how you feel - at all - to be able to chat with these people who care and have been through similar? Not saying it should help, but wondering whether there is anything inside you that wants to feel comforted/ or that could feel comforted?

If you suffer from depression, than perhaps that underlying challenge doesn't change any more than my PTSD changes. If I was born blind it might be the same. I can't live my dreams. But, say, 5 out of 7 days in my week give me enough buzz not to be eaten up by the negatives.

If a counsellor told me "you have to..." that would be unproductive for me! If someone wants to help me, they need to give space for me to notice what works for me personally; I need old warriors to strengthen my sense of responsibility, not "you have to..." Grrrrrh.

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!

Last edited by saidso; Mar 15, 2019 at 03:07 AM..
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote