Thread: age of dying
View Single Post
Anonymous32451
Anonymous32451 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 15, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
How morbid. How insulting to those of us over 50. My best years thus far were my forties and this 52nd year is shaping up to be a fabulous one.

Please don't sell yourself short are the words that come to mind. How unfortunate you should think this way.

What more can I say? There is a sense of freedom that comes with middle age. I am no longer pressured to look a certain way. At 30 I felt I still was required to look 19. At 40 I felt pressured to maintain a youthful appearance and be impossibly slender. Now at 50 I feel a liberation from that pressure to conform. There is freedom from other mindsets too. Essentially I am free to be who I want to be and my worries about judgement are starting to subside. I still have my moments but it is easier to hold my head up high in a crowd. My relationships have improved with age too.

I feel for you that you see no value in getting older. Self-doubt must be strong. Am I correct in that there are some self-worth and self esteem troubles in your life?

oh, deffenetly

and I'm sure being over 50 has it's rewards

one of my grandads, for example, worked really hard in his adult life, quit his job when he was 50, and found a new life for himself- he became a fan of fishing, went on a cruise, other vacations, baught a caravan, etc

but that's him.

I don't want to buy a caravan, know, and to be quite honest, I don't fancy fishing- but my point is that he lived quite comfortably because he spent most of his adult life in a well paying job

I don't even have that

my point is.. what I'm trying to say is,

if you have something to live for, and if you have goals, then living to 50, 60, 70, even 80... if it works for you, do it

but if you don't, and if you've spent your entire life sat at home wondering about your very existance, yeah... I really don't see the appeal

either people have plans, or they don't

I don't have plans for the next 20 minits, forget a few days/ years from now
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul