View Single Post
Anonymous49426
Anonymous49426 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 15, 2019 at 08:42 PM

I draw blanks and lose focus in conversation every single day. I have worried about it too about myself, and beat myself up over it, but I think it's best to just be kind to myself about it. I don't know what it is but I know some of it is brought on by anxiety. It happens to me a lot in my therapy group. I've also had the tip of tongue issue, where I'll literally forget a noun, for instance, I'll say "I put it on the thing," instead of "I put it on the couch." Because my mind is deciding to be an a-hole and wants me to temporarily not know certain words in conversation. It's really strange phenomenon. That often happens when I am talking to someone who talks faster than me, and I feel pressured by them to "Spit it out," so to speak. I have come to realize though, that I do not have to talk as fast as others. I have a right to process and think at my own speed.

SilverTrees, that's interesting you speak of ways to improve focus. I am sure there are. I do wonder if some of my focus issues have to do with internet usage. I have heard that using the internet a lot can be a cause of focus issues, sort of like ADD.

Skeezyks, I can relate to your post too.

I think the important thing to remember, TeaFruit, is to be nice to yourself.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote