View Single Post
Amy3boys
Amy3boys Bipolar

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Mar 16, 2019 at 11:00 AM

This happened to me and it was so scary. It first happened when I was abused as a child and disassociated from my body to escape the abuse; I used to say "I feel not real" to my mom (my step dad was the abuser).As an adult, about 8 years ago several events triggered my childhood trauma and I actually remember the feeling of leaving my body. We were at the beach, riding bikes and I felt like I was watching my body ride the bike from a distance. For me, this feeling came and went for quite awhile. It accompanied a severe depression. I haven't felt this way in years but I'm sorry you're going through it and hope you're feeling better soon. I think meds and therapy were helpful when I went through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous57363 View Post
(Hope you don't mind that I also posted this in the depression section...I don't always know the best thread to choose)

Hello PC friends,

recently I experienced something traumatic. I am not comfortable sharing the details publicly. This experience involved a great deal of loss, fear, violation of privacy, and stress. For a while, I felt numb or entirely empty. Now I have this odd feeling that I am not living within my body. I realize how strange that sounds. It is not easy to convey. Best I can explain is that my mind or spirit or soul (whatever you call that which propels us from one day or moment to the next) has left my body. It's there somewhere. Watching what happens from a short distance. It's bizarre and disconcerting...more than that...the feeling frightens me...like my own Self has walked away from me. What's my point? If you have an e-hug or a supportive thought to share, I would welcome that. I feel scared and very much alone. I reached out to two non-PC friends who really let me down in this crisis. My family is far, far away.

Thank you for reading. I send all of you peace and positive energy.
Amy3boys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote