View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 16, 2019 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
this is a good post, with a lot to think about

I agree with a lot you are saying- especially the part about people have to find their own happyness, and that diffrent things make diffrent people happy (and it may not be the same for everyone), and that's okay.

now, if only I can work out the part about what I want from life (I still don't know that), I can work towards being happy

right now I wouldn't say I'm happy (I wouldn't even say I'm content), I'm here because... well, because I don't hav much of a choice
Thank you for sharing your truth RagingVortex.

I am sorry that you don't feel happy or content.

It's okay not to know what you want in life. That's the stage before finding out! I still have quite a lot of figuring out to do in my life too.

This may sound counter-intuitive but you could try something...think about what makes you feel sad, disappointed, or hurt in your life. Write it down. That can actually be a way to figure out your values if you reverse the items on the list. For example, if you feel sad when you spend a birthday alone...that means you value connection with others...so you could make it a goal to build some new connections. Or if you feel hurt or disappointed when you friend talks about their wonderful partner, that likely means you would value having a partner of your own. Do you see what I mean? Also, feel free to PM me any time. For a hug or to share an idea or anything. Peace to you and thanks again for writing
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451