View Single Post
Nechayev

Member Since Mar 2019
2 hugs
given
Default Mar 16, 2019 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am sorry to hear about what happened to you in second grade. How awful!!!What happened to the vice principal? Was he doing it to you right there in school???? In his office? And no one can hear it? Is or was he in jail after all that?

I am a bit shocked that someone was expelled for suicide attempts. Are you in the US?In order for a student to be expelled school board has to approve schools recommendation. So they approved expulsion for suicide attempts and put that in your record? That would cause a huge lawsuit in most places.

So you went to a different school next year. This teacher took your pencil away for no reason so you weren’t able to write in a journal? She managed to cause expulsion of SEVEN students plus you so it’s 8. 8 students were expelled for supposedly stabbing her and school administration and board never question what does this woman do? Where are these schools?

What do your parents think of all that? You said your dad is a professor. Are you not in the US? Did you grow up in totalitarian regime of sorts? Or some other extreme dysfunctional place?
Let me give you some background to the reality of the system.

In 2008, the Virginia DoE centralized disciplinary records of school faculty across the state - discovering 500~ teachers who were barred from teaching in at least one district that were still teaching, but did not have their teaching licenses revoked. Out of the 500~, a little more than 200 teachers had been barred from at least one district for sexual abuse. Most of these teachers had been barred from multiple districts for the sexual abuse crimes. Upon this discovery, the VDoE revoked their teaching licenses but did not have charges pressed against them. The VDoE estimate was that theses 200 teachers were responsible for the sexual abuse of 200,000 students over their collective careers (1990-2008.) The vast majority of these students were male. These teachers had all been caught at least once, and most had been caught multiple times, but the schools covered up the abuse to avoid a scandal, allowing the teachers to continue their career elsewhere - usually with a recommendation. The districts receiving these teachers were usually unaware of the crimes. This was not widely reported on the news. The VDoE still does not keep statistics on reported sex crimes. The U.S. Government Accountability Office's 2004 report said that 9.6% of students in K-12 are subjected to sexual misconduct by school faculty.

“They don’t recognize that under the state law, where they have the laws, they have an obligation to report this to law enforcement officials. It’s not like these are unusual events, tragically so... There are people within the facilities that will prey upon these children... School systems have customarily tried to handle these situations by sweeping it under the rug, by letting child predators quietly resign and go on to another district, sometimes with glowing recommendations... We see that as deliberate and calculated child endangerment.” - Rep. George Miller D-Martinez (in an interview with the Government Accountability Office)

My abuser has never seen jail time. He is currently employed by VDoE. It was mostly in his office. I wouldn't be surprised if they could hear it, but I was mute in there anyways. The official records I've seen only say "critical incident" - it's even in quotation marks on the records. I was expelled because of a "critical incident." Although, to be honest I'm not sure how legit the expulsion ever was - regardless I was kicked out.

Prior to third grade, most of my teacher's prior to third grade thought I was being abused at home ( not thinking about that right now) and so didn't communicate much. With the suicide attempt, my parents turned attention to the school and probably that caused him to want to force distance.

The third grade stuff involved a teacher who had jumped districts because of this. I don't know if all the previous students were expelled, or what discipline they faced, I just know that I was the 8th who she had claimed had tried to stab her. I'll admit to making conclusions on the teacher that I don't make for second grade. The principle thought that I did not legitimately try to stab her, but thought it was a misunderstanding - he thought that the previous seven cases were all legit and that she had misinterpreted my handing her the pencil as a stab. I must disagree with his assessment.

My father didn't try to defend me in either case, but sided with the school officials. He himself called me a monster. He only ever attempted to negotiate lesser punishments, though he'd sorely punish me at home. I wonder if he knows what was actually happening.

The U.S. is a very dysfunctional place. It's so dysfunctional it strains belief. It strains belief so much that people don't believe it. We can't even track the money in the books - and nobody cares.
Nechayev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote