Stardust

CepheidVariable is always lonely so pardon any rambling

5 yr Member
2,472 hugs
given
Default Mar 16, 2019 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
That makes sense, Piggy Momma. There is the privacy issue to be considered. I guess I was just wondering if it made any difference from a technical point of view.
On your own device, it doesn't make any technical difference. It's just a small hassle to keep logging in and out.

I don't believe -- admins correct me if I'm wrong -- it would significantly affect the load and performance of the site itself. Even with the occasional automatic page refreshes. Maybe if *everyone* started doing it, it might be an issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
I'd like to do what you've described above, CV, but I'm not sure how. Can you tell me? (I have a MAC desktop computer).
Do you mean browsing somewhere else on the web while keeping PsychCentral open? Or using another app/program entirely?

If using another app/program, just go ahead and launch it. You just need to go back to your web browser (almost certainly "Safari") when you want to. Do you know how to switch between programs on your desktop?

If you want to web browse somewhere else, you need to open a new "tab" or a new "window" in your web browser. Again, you can ask me if you need to know how to do that.
CepheidVariable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote