View Single Post
Anonymous48813

Default Mar 16, 2019 at 06:32 PM

I been doing therapy for about 4 years to be excat. Two years I did psychodynamic therapy which made me worse. Meaning self harm and threats on one life. I was then given a DBT therapist thank goodness. I have improved yeps. Just recently I dont know why but I feel I been going down hill for past month. I been doing DBT therapy over a year now and I have 3 or 4 weeks finishing off DBT group therapy.
It seems other people who are finishing off have jobs I dont. I would of thought I be around there level as well. So I feel confused/panicked and thinking must be some thing not right with therapy with my individual therapist if the others are further ahead when they start group therapy the same time as me.

Besides that. I have been emotionally triggered by a lot of things. What people say, I end up in tears and cry for a good hour or half an hour.

I feel emotions more especially in my throat. I feel a lot of emotions in my throat since well even before I started DBT therapy. Or my chest or stomach. But it's over very small things and try to figure out if its false sense of guilt, shame or sadness. But it's all the time so. ts getting very exhausting for me.
I'm unable to sleep well as well.

So therapy like this for me I tell my therapist what's bothering me and then they tell me to close my eyes and ask questions such as "where do you feel the emotion in your body?" , "how long had it been there"? , "what peace does it need" , "what thoughts are in your mind", "how does it feel to have these thoughts" and "what does your wise mind say about it or what would you say to a friend ". I feel its a lot of analysis in my emotions and not enough practical stuff to build a life worth living. Like a job or exposing my fear to people because I experience socail anxiety . When I did psychodymanic therapy it was very inwards and I experienced OCD, so you know OCD thoughts are very over analysis and obsession part. So I'm afraid this is what happening with therapy here going too inward and its driving the obsession in my OCD and over analysising it.
I have had increase unhelpful thoughts of suicide and self harm.
I have spoke to my therapist about this. I have written a letter to my therapist. But it doesnt seem to get through. My partner and family notice I have been more emotional.
I dont know if my partner talking to my therapist would help to have a different perspective in what is happening.
I'm really stuck.
This is the same feeling I had when I was going with the psychodymanic therapy.

I dont know what to do? Has anyone have relaspe of BPD after finishing off DBT group therapy? Or you were good and got worse and then good again and now worse again?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky