Thread: age of dying
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Mar 16, 2019 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
I agree, messages of hope are important

Maybe some of us really don’t want to live that long though
I understand you Fuzzybear. And I honor each individual's personal truth.

For myself (and possibly some others) it's a fairly depressing thought in and of itself to be told that I will not live a long life simply because I live with mental health issues. That's an opinion; not a fact. I also don't appreciate generalizations about people living with mental health concerns. We are each just as unique as everyone else on the planet. Personally, I don't see humanity as divided into "normal" people and "mentally ill" people. We all have our strengths and our challenges. We reside along a continuum of wellness...our place on the continuum shifts throughout our lifetime with different challenges and successes...anxieties and hopes...sorrows and joys.
For example, every human regardless of their prior history will wrestle at some point with awareness of their mortality. Everyone will lose someone they love and encounter the deep pain of grief.

Though I do accept that for some people, the prospect of a short life could present like a dream or a huge relief. Peace to all

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Mar 16, 2019 at 09:06 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote