View Single Post
Ylba
Ylba has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 16, 2019 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken9018 View Post
I’ve always been a loner, never really having too many friends or dating much. At 21 I’ve never been in a relationship. I have anxiety, ocd and depression. I’m usually okay with isolating myself from others and the loneliness never bothered me. But now it’s starting to. I currently attend college and see people interacting, dating and etc, and it bothers/ angers me that I’m not doing that. I’m extremely shy and awkward so making friends/dating is something that’s really hard for me. Anyone else feel like this? How do you handle loneliness ?
I get how you feel. I'm 30 now and have been in a relationship for 5 years. But when I was your age I was in the same position as you. What helped me was exposure practice. I went online and met a couple guys and decided to just meet them. Just one meeting to see how it went. No pressure or expectations. Maybe you can try something like that. Just find someone to hang out with and push yourself to just go meet them. The more you push yourself to get out there, the easier it gets.
Ylba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ken9018