View Single Post
Biz82

Member Since Mar 2019
1 hugs
given
Confused Mar 16, 2019 at 09:36 PM

I belong to a circle of friends for about 10+ years. 3 females including myself and 2 males who are gay. Over the past few years they’ve started distancing themselves from me and another female in the group. Albeit, I did get married and had children but they did still manage to include me in their social gatherings prior to the last few years. Over the past few years they stopped reaching out little by little. I’d only get invites to birthdays but not to their “wine nights” or “wine nights, general hangout, etc”. I started to wonder why I wasn’t being invited and voiced my concern. All they were able to say was “we just plan these things spur of the moment” I believed it at first, but then slowly realized it was a lie. My dilemma is, if they wanted to cut me out of this circle why didn’t they? Why are they only including me in on birthdays? Every time I’m invited to a “birthday” I feel anxious and stressed because part of me doesn’t want to go because of the hurt they’ve cause me to feel, while the other part of me thinks if I don’t go, I’ll never be invited to anything ever again. I have a birthday of theirs tomorrow and I’m feeling anxious all over again. Any advice is appreciated.
Biz82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous44076, Anonymous49426, MickeyCheeky, possum220, seeminglyreal

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky