View Single Post
Atronach
Atronach has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
The sociopath thing really makes sense here to me, as I got the feeling from your post in the DID forum that you have quite a few narcissistic traits. I have read before that not every narcissist is a sociopath, but every sociopath is a narcissist.
I don't have any advice for you sorry, but this does help put your other post in the DID forum into context.
Sociopaths aren't necessarily bad or criminal or hurtful towards others (some can be, but not all are), it's just that they don't experience emotions in the same way that other people do. Like you explained in your post here, they can "act" emotions, as in they know what emotions are socially appropriate in any given situation, they just don't feel them. There are advantages to that. And disadvantages of course.
Amyjay, I would like to note that I am not a sociopath merely confused with the nature of my own emotions. Sometimes I do feel pure joy, or guilt, or sadness, or any other feeling on the spectrum, other times my emotions confuse me, I am unsure why the feelings I experience are the ones I am experiencing for those situations and I am unsure if they are my emotions or just me acting out emotions that make sense. But I still do have genuine feelings.
People around me call me sociopathic, but that does not make me one. My family greatly "discouraged" my outward expressions, while I did indeed used to have narcissistic tendencies I no longer have those. And my post on my friend with DID goes only up to around 1.5 - 2 years ago.
Atronach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote