sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggy momma View Post
I have been asking my T for some time to increase my sessions, and he will not. He says I don't need it. He says that because he doesn't know everything, because if I talk about suicide too much he will let me go, so I don't talk about it.
I know you said you can't afford another therapist however I really think it's in your best interest to consider it. What kind of therapist refuses to talk about suicidal ideation's or feelings with their client? What kind of therapist would impede your need for taking time off of work?

Quote:
I finally made an appointment with my family doctor for this week. I am thinking of taking six months off work on disability leave, and then doing a graduated return to work over the following six months. I have been on leave four times before, so I do have mental health history with my insurer.

I wrote my insurance company a two page letter in response to their question "how does your disability prevent you from working?". I gave it to T to read and he doesn't think I need to go off. The thing is, I deleted the paragraphs that all talk about how suicidal I am in his copy. My doctor is getting the original copy with all the details.
He is making it harder for you to take care of your well-being and mental health. I don't understand it. I do not understand why he thinks he is the one who gets to decide how you handle your work and working?

Quote:
I just feel like something in my life is not working and change needs to happen. The longest I've been off before is three months. After I was hospitalized last year I only took eight weeks. I came back to work way too soon and now I'm paying for it.
I don't know how things are going to go if my doctor signs me off and I have to explain to T. I might just tell him I wanted a second opinion (which I'm entitled to) and this is what my doctor felt would be best, and then hope for the best with him. I feel like nothing I do is right anyway so I may as well do what I think I need most.
I hope you realize you should not have to worry about what your therapist thinks about this. It's really not his job to argue with the doctor. The doctor is the one with the ultimate authority I would think no? I think that your therapist has very unethical guidelines in the way he practices therapy or at least provides it to you .

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127