View Single Post
Anonymous55879

Default Mar 17, 2019 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

I do think you are being hard on yourself.

Your husband didn't marry you on the condition of you remaining perfect did he ?
I can be very absentminded and make a lot of mistakes. Mostly, I have always been very good about joking about them, laughing at myself. However, even though he has not been very cooperative and is 24, that I have left my son on the street for nearly one year (the anniversary is May 1st) reflects very badly on my abilities/priorities. Mistakes (not going to talk about because they involved interactions between our son and us) that turned out very badly. A lot of the problem has been that my H and I have been at odds about how to help him. Lately, I spend a lot of time educating and involving him with what is going on with our son. I think he lacked understanding because our children have always confided more in me than their dad. However, I have also had to figure out what things I need to confide verses what shouldn't be confided. In the past, I have sometimes emphasized the wrong things and been too emotionally enmeshed in what is going on with our son. It is going to take a while to unravel.

My H never expected me to be perfect. The first time we interacted was when I called asking for help concerning someone who worked for him and did not show up at a work event I had organized. Like many men, he fell for a damsel in distress. We have been married more than 31 years and he still rescues me on a regular basis. I appreciate that he has always been there for me.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky