View Single Post
yShuan

Member Since Jul 2018
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaFruit View Post
Yeah I felt the same way with my pervious therapist. I felt I had to make myself worse in order for my therapist to take me seriously. Because I didnt know how to Express my emotions. I mean this behaviour was the same when I did it to my partner or my family. I just didnt know how to Express my emotions or what I was feeling so I did that. It was in a sense a call for help. But it's not effective in the long run cause you feel ashamed after doing it once you've calm down.

But yeah it does make it 24/7. I dont know of that just too much therapy or what.

What type of therapy did you do for the 2 years? Was it DBT?

No, it wasn't DBT. I'm from Spain, and we don't have DBT therapy (at least in my city). Anyways, what I did was an experimental therapy that it was supposed to "re-teach" my brain. Honestly, it was ********. Phase 1 was: Everyday they would connect me with those head things, made me watch some "special" games that behaved like my brain. For example, one was a car game, and if you had bad or irregular thoughts it would crash and the goal was to complete it in x minutes. Phase 2 was: Listen to some "therapy" music that it was supposed to do something to my brain. I hated it, it made me sleepy. Then last phase: This phase was like a normal therapy, you know, talking and all of that. This was what made me quit. The therapist did not understand me, she would forget things I told her and this is what angered me the most. There's really sensitive topics that are really hard for me to talk about, and If one day I gain courage and tell you about it and the next day you forget... Hm, does it even matter to you? Also, she said horrible things about my mother. She had an accident 5 years ago and has a disability, I take care of her and i do everything because she can't. This stupid therapist criticized her, and I couldn't stand it.

In the end i quitted during phase 3. It was an experimental therapy and honestly I think it was a waste of time.
yShuan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky