View Single Post
DP_2017
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
665 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 09:46 AM

I adopted one many years ago, he was 2 then and is nearing 16. He was afraid of men and I got him to eventually become a therapy dog, he adores people. I loved working with him, the two lost and misunderstood souls coming together and helping each other

I am considering a very timid dog. I know I can work with her.... but because she comes from an Asian meat farm, and they call her a "Trauma" dog I worry there will always be part of her that fears people. even if she loves me and tolerates my family.

Has anyone ever adopted a very timid dog around people in general? Did they end up learning to love/trust people much easier? I sometimes have game nights with friends and I love walking my dogs in public, I just don't want to adopt a dog that will always cower from new people no matter how hard I work.

They talk about her like she's hopeless.... so since my dog was not severely timid, I really have no idea what to expect

Also her foster mom has not brought her outside, she does not want to scare her so she lets her sit in a corner in the kitchen. I feel like bringing her outside is essential. I would not want to keep a dog in a room for possibly months and having accidents inside.... how do very timid dogs usually act the first time outside?

I think she would be a great fit for me...I'm willing to work hard and I have a very low key senior dog... but I just want to make sure I would be making the right choice so I'm asking around. Thoughts?

Hugs from:
lizardlady, SlumberKitty, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
lizardlady