Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffield View Post
BudFox- not sure if your post was in response to mine re Richard grannon and Sam vaknin or was nothing to do with it at all- but in case I wasn’t clear- I’m not supporting their perspective I just found it “interesting”
I’m not a fan of psychotherapy and am currently suffering the fallout of boundary changes/crossings and the general “throw the client under the bus and ignore” technique -ignoring/silent treatment done “professionally “ and repeatedly in face to face /email/txt has to be one of the cruellest techniques they’re paid to perfect-I feel for OP
No I was just commenting on the original post. I have watched Grannon and Vaknin videos in the past. I recall both making some valid points, but i can no longer tolerate gasbags who think they understand life better than others.

I have not had a therapist take away privileges as OP describes, but did have a therapist dictate boundaries to me like i was a toddler. That therapist eventually threw me under the bus, and then ignored my attempts to continue dialog (silent treatment).

Ironic that these supposedly healing relationships have so many features of abusive and co-dependent relationships.
BudFox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
goatee

Thanks for this!
goatee