Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 17, 2019 at 02:49 PM

Thanks for sharing this. (Hope your mom is okay.) I'm sorry I don't think I have any advice to offer. This is the kind of thing, I think, people tend to delve into with the help of a counselor or therapist.

I looked through PC's archives to see if I could find any articles that fit what you described. But nothing seemed to quite hit the mark. Most of what I found seemed to talk more about people who have emotions but suppress them. From what you wrote, it doesn't sound as though that is what's going on with you. You simply feel as though you don't experience emotions, at least not to the degree you believe other people do.

There is one condition called alexithymia that may be similar. People who are on the autism spectrum tend to display this characteristic, as I understand it. Here's a link to one article, from the archives, that discusses alexithymia. Perhaps it may be of some interest:

Alexithymia: A Personality Trait | The Exhausted Woman

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, ThatGirl109