Thread: I need a cure.
View Single Post
Anonymous44076
Anonymous44076 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 17, 2019 at 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifelongLoner View Post
I am familiar with Tim Gunn. At one point, he did have a lover in his life. It did not end well - he was tossed out. Nevertheless, he found his calling both with his first career in education and his second on TV. He has been very successful.

I, on the other hand, have only met with adversity and lost. I have a life that I do not want. I have a hard time making friends. I am not handsome and have physical and health problems. Even therapists do not want to work with me and, honestly, I have lost complete confidence in them as some have been abusivee and said things like "how are you still alive?". I have encountered a lot of meanness everywhere. The result is that I have C-PTSD, am a loner and have a serious heart condition. Being gay made my life more difficult than I can deal with. My parents were very homophobic - there was never a time in my life where I met with acceptance. In the gay community, if you are not sexual then you are not welcomed. My life has been a disaster. I continue to face abuse on the job and in other places. Praying for a cure seems to be the only thing that gets me through the day. But, there is no cure. I have a life that I don't want.
I am sorry that you have a life you do not want. I used to feel that way, for different reasons about my own life. It is such a shame that your parents are homophobic. It is very hard for me to understand any parent rejecting their child based on sexual orientation. Aside from how hurtful that is, it is also downright bizarre when you really get down to the idea of it. Your sexual orientation does not define you. I am sorry that you didn't have unconditional love from your parents. I didn't have that either. It's very confusing and painful but I make it a point not to think of it too much. Beyond my control.

I do believe that we can change our lives. Slowly over time. That's what I've done and I am still working on it. I believe my work on myself will continue until my last day on earth.

You say you have never been met with acceptance in your life. Well, Lifelong Loner, you have my acceptance right here on PC in this moment. I accept you as you are and wish you peace. Here's a safe
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LifelongLoner