View Single Post
Rj1331

Member Since Mar 2019
15 hugs
given
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingafloat View Post
I have a difficult time reflecting myself as to who I am actually is. Even coming up with a decent nickname for myself is hard. My nickname may sound like I'm doing well but I'm struggling to an extent. I also don't understand my real personality, and how to portray myself properly in front of others without feeling anxious. It all seem like anxiety is my only personality and identity. Can anyone else relate to this and how do you cope with it?
I can most def relate to this feeling. I have had so many nicknames and I honestly can't stick to just one. It seems to change with every new phase or every new social group I encounter. I've never really had any stable life-long friends, and I find myself too scared to get close to anyone, due to that. I have GAD, ADD, and Depression. I find it hard to really socialize with others and be 100%. I'm not being fake, but just reserved I suppose. I listen more than I converse... and most days I feel like I kill conversations.. so the fear of that alone keeps me from pushing harder to repair these views of myself. I honestly have been doing a bunch of research lately, reading articles, and trying to understand how to cope. I found a book that's been helpful today, if you'd like to check it out.. "Are U Ok?" by Kati Morton, LMFT.
So far I think it's helping me to wrap my head around my Mental Illness and honestly helping me to feel better about everything (even the way I react to others and myself). I would suggest seeking help.. I am also on my path to finding some sort of Therapy.. I believe I am just going to say "I think I may have BPD (borderline personality disorder). Can you help me?" lol. I hope that you start finding answers and ways to understand yourself and how to go on about your days without stress and anxiety. <3 I'm rooting for you!

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, stayingafloat

Thanks for this!
stayingafloat