View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 17, 2019 at 08:05 PM

Hello TrishaMorris: Thank you for bringing your concern here to PC. I noticed this is your first post here. So... welcome to Psych Central.

You mentioned you're living in a place where you learn the skills you need in order to live on your own. And the person you're concerned with is a staff member at this facility. Based on what you wrote, it doesn't sound to me as though this staff person is handling this situation well. But then I know, from personal experience, these kinds of situations can be difficult to manage.

What occurs to me is that the best way to proceed may be for you & the staff member you're concerned about to work out your differences with the help of a third party, probably another staff member at Gateway Homes. If there is a counselor or social worker or someone such as that who could sit down with you & the staff member you're concerned with, perhaps for several sessions, you could talk through your concerns, the staff member you're concerned with could talk through her concerns, & (hopefully) both of you could come to understand the other's perspective & figure out a way to work together to whatever extent is possible. It could be a valuable learning experience for both of you!

The other thing that needs to be said here, though, is that since this person you're concerned about is a staff member at Gateway Homes, she is not... cannot be... your friend. She is a Gateway Homes employee (I presume) who's being paid to provide Gateway Homes' residents with whatever services it is she's been hired to provide. You may like her. You may appreciate what she has done for you. And she may like you as well (or at least she perhaps did before all of this came up.) But she cannot be your friend. And one of the important things you need to come to realize, in this situation, is that this is in fact the case. This person cannot be your friend. Does that make sense?

Anyway, with all of that said, I hope you will be able to work through this difficult situation & get on with the business of learning what you need to learn in order to live on your own. That's really the goal here. And I hope you find being here on PC to be of benefit.

P.S. I noticed you have your address, phone numbers, & e-mail address listed at the bottom of your post. You should be aware that the forums, here on PC, are searchable by anyone & everyone on the internet. I would strongly encourage you to remove this information from this as well as any other posts you might create here on PC I will be bringing this to the attention of the moderators of the relationships forum. So, hopefully they will remove this information from this particular post.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky