View Single Post
piggy momma
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2018
70 hugs
given
Default Mar 17, 2019 at 09:18 PM

@Anne2.0

My school is super tiny - we have less than 1,000 students, only offer eight degrees, and the counselling service is provided by a Masters student, so the school counsellor is not an option.

I checked with Catholic Family Services last summer when he went away and they do provide low cost options however you can't just call and book in. They put you on a list and when there's an opportunity they call you. So nothing is guaranteed.

I also checked with another major counselling centre. I used them years ago and didn't have the greatest experience, plus, because of where I live, they are super inconvenient to get to.

I am going to ask T and my doc for some names. I'm specifically going to ask them if they know anyone who will do DBT with me over the summer at the same fee he charges me (and after they are done laughing i will continue my search).

I'm nowhere near ready to leave him. Is he perfect? No. Does he make mistakes? Of course. Do we clash sometimes? Yep. But other than the suicide thing, I'm really, really comfortable with him, and can tell him anything (except if I'm having suicidal thoughts), and he's done so much for me and been so good to me. I know I ***** a lot and I do feel I could benefit from more frequency, but I also have to respect his judgment. He is highly sought after, was asked to help create the DSM-5, has five degrees, works four jobs....he's a busy dude, so I get that he can't give me an extra hour right now. I'm just grateful that he is seeing me. He could have said no when I asked him. I told him I'd be an easy case and I've been anything but. He's stuck by me a lot, through a lot of things, and saved my *** a few times too. I do really like him a lot.
piggy momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
Anne2.0