Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2019 at 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaMorris38 View Post
Hi Everyone. I am brand new member to this website but I join mainly because I need some serious help with a close friendship I am trying to deal with right now.
Now I will start of saying right now I am living at this place called Gateway Homes which is a place you get to learn the skills you need to live on your own. So there is this staff member. I am super close to her actually attach to her for some reason. I look forward to seeing her everyday. Now the issue is right now I got angry with her the other night I said some things I shouldn't have said. Like I threaten her that I was going to go to her supervisor tell her that she isn't respecting me as a client. I also have this very bad habit I will call and text her nonstop everyday. I am trying to stop but it is really hard
What was it that you got angry about? Was it anything that she did or was it a misunderstanding? How is it that you have her cell phone number? Is it because you guys were close friends or is it an issue where she has a staff member wanted you to be able to reach her in an emergency?What were you going to go to her supervisor about? Did she do something as far as being an employee that was inappropriate? Or was that your way of lashing out?
Quote:

. Last weekend she threaten me saying she was at the police station and she was going to turn me for harassment if I didn't stop. Now I didn't get angry when she said that to me I just let it go. Now right now she refuse to speak to me she never wants to hear from me again. I have been crying nonstop. I have try to talk to her I did tell her look now you did it to me first I didn't get angry since I did it back to you by accident you have no place to be angry
Prior to going to the police station had she asked you to stop contacting her? If she did and you continue to contact her I think she may have a right to go to the police station at least to get the harassment to stop. I'm not trying to say that you were harassing her I'm just looking at it from her point of View. Do you think her not speaking to you is a way to avoid conflict? Because if it is it sounds like a reasonable thing to do unless she is doing it to be mean to you.
Quote:
. She still refuse to speak to me. All she saids to me Trisha please just leave me alone. I just dunno what to do in this situation does anyone have good advice or ideas how I can fix this friendship make it better for both of us?

I agree with the other poster who said you can't be friends. You just can't if she is an employee of where it is that you live. She is hired to provide something for you and other residents, and is paid to do it. It is inappropriate to be friends with you and it is not fair to you because of situations exactly like this. You had a falling out and this is what happens with these types of relationships. I'm not sure what you can do about the situation but I do not think continuing to contact her is the way to handle it. I'm not sure how you should handle it but I do think it's important that you talk to a counselor or another staff member to help you not contact her. I do not think she needs to get reported or in trouble from her supervisor I just think you need to find a way to Move on and she needs to find a way to continue doing her job.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, saidso