Thread: Clergy Help?
View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary
TishaBuv It’s mostly them, and somewhat me.

8 yr Member
1,857 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prb32 View Post
Hi there. I'm very sorry for the stress and strain that has been put on your life. Have you considered going to a counselor who is certified but also faith based? Pastors and clergymen can have good insight on the bible, but it sounds like you might need someone who also has a clinical counseling background.

Also, are you saying you were abused in this marriage? Or are you expressing the neglect you are facing in your marriage? If you are in an abusive perspective I would encourage you to seek help and get out. This even aligns with a biblical perspective due to abuse/
I’d say my husband took neglect to the point of abuse. This is a struggle for control. Ultimately, he continues to not give me what I want. When faced with ending the relationship and moving on, I give in to accepting I don’t matter. I accept my shame and punishment. I go to take him back. He always wants me to take him back.

Before, he’d promise he’d change to give me what I need. But, he never makes good. Now, it’s that I should just accept him as he is; a guy who makes me miserable and won’t put me first over anything in any way ever.

Nope, I’m dirt and I have to quietly accept it and go make a sandwich.

I keep talking like this to myself. I keep feeling too weak and so unimportant, I may as well just slink away....