Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
With all due respect, both you and Sarah are wrong in this case. He definitely fits many of the traits that narcissists have. And labels are how we operate in society, so to say that labels shouldn't be the primary focus is very short-sighted. Labels are necessary.

To put it in terms you'd understand: how would you know what type of disease you have, unless your doctors have a label for it? You wouldn't know. How do you know which type of medication to take for which disease? Without a label? You wouldn't know, would you.

So, labels ARE necessary. It's how we function in society. We label everything. Without labels there is just chaos and disorder.

So, I am sorry but I think you and Sarah are so far off base, you're not even at the same game so to speak.

I do agree with your perception that I displayed boundaries he didn't want to respect. In that aspect, you are correct.

Yes labels are important but I think my question is are you qualified to label someone just because of an encounter you may have had ? Maybe you have more information to offer on the relationship you had with this person and if that’s the case then my apologies to you for disagreeing. But when I said the label was used too much or however I said it, I meant by people that are not a part of mental health treatment or the mental health field.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky