Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD1980 View Post
Recently I realized that I was spending A LOT of money on breakfast made my a local restaurant and delivered to me. Sometimes when i wake up I feel too depressed to get up right away. I spend enough time in bed so that when I finally do get up, it's almost noon and I haven't eaten. I think "Order breakfast because you have to eat".

I tried to curb my spending by limiting myself to spending maybe $25 a week on delivered breakfast. I'm trying to budget and save money. It's hard because I have already broken this guideline. I ordered breakfast for three days in a row. I know I can't do it for the rest of the week.

How can I deal with this issue? Is there an easier way to deal with it? I could just eat cereal or yogurt, but a hot breakfast is so comforting and warm to me. I know that having food prepared for me by other people is a part of the psychological effect. I want to be cared for.
make things ahead of time..... I have young children. one of the things that comes in handy is my wife and I cook breakfast items (french toast in many different flavors, pancaked in many different flavors, suasage, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos) then we freeze them with ziplock baggies.

then on those days that are hectic and cooking takes too long we just reach into the freezer. take something out and microwave or in a toaster depending upon the item .... breakfast ready in about 2-5 minutes (the time it takes to walk to freezer, take out item and microwave or heat in a toaster)
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KD1980

Thanks for this!
KD1980, unaluna