Velvet Lounger
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2019
182 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylin View Post
I am feeling a lot of fear,I have been triggered and my PTSD symptoms are strong.Memories of being isolated,abused,bullied, ridiculed in situations where I was actively opposing certain political opponents and people supposed to be on my side maligned and victimised me.Today any involvement in politics triggers me but I has to take a stand against current events of fascism in the world and in this country.
I suffer PTSD, too, but find it helpful to limit what I watch on TV including political news and current events. What I do is limit watching TV news, thouygh having BBC News online greatly helps filter what I can watch and what can prevent me. This news website allows filters, and it's these very filters we can apply so as not become triggered.

Have you ever had any counselling over your being bullied, abused and isolated? I found counselling for all those including my school torment very helpful, though it was quite some years ago. Bullying has a knock-on affect as you may know, the old memories rear up if we are confronted even with internet bullies today and recently I was frightened badly by someone. Also, try and limit what you read online because this will help you take back some control of your everyday life. It also has reduced my anxiety levels.

I filter what my young daughter reads online. This is in addition to having a 'net nanny', so useful these days. Peggy really appreciates it instead of revolting, as some teenagers can do. She's become a very happy child lately, and I think this has come from limiting her computer/phone browsing times.

. . . .

I'm on a course of antibiotics, and these brutes are pulling me down with the oral steroids. I hope my doctor can switch some meds around. I should be feeling better by now, but am not.

You hold me still,
I always did,
I always will,
Love you, love you, love you.