Magnate

Member Since Feb 2013
401 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Just realized that I passed the 5 month mark. I'm kind of happy I didn't notice the anniversary because it means I'm not obsessing about alcohol all the time.

splitimage

WTG splits!!!

I only obsess about alcohol when I am doing trauma work. It seems it’s connected stuffing those feelings down with a drink. It’s a coping mechanism that in did for 18 years of my life...I was so used to it became my friend, my confidant, my lover and my enemy. I was watching the news yesterday and it was scrolling down on the screen it “costs alcoholics who are Canadians 15$M a year for the cost of buying it” not what it costs to get them clean or help them stay clean or how much money they save when they stop. But I watched a report on tv saying how alcohol has become fashionable now for females and that there is more females who drink larger quantities then males. It’s not a fad they said it’s the truth. And when us as females try to get help for alcohol we are made to be ashamed and feel ashamed but why? It’s this society stigma that men are suppose to be the raging alcoholic not females. The society of ours needs to change because of it doesn’t then **** happens that’s not good.

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi