Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Lounger View Post
I suffer PTSD, too, but find it helpful to limit what I watch on TV including political news and current events. What I do is limit watching TV news, thouygh having BBC News online greatly helps filter what I can watch and what can prevent me. This news website allows filters, and it's these very filters we can apply so as not become triggered.

Have you ever had any counselling over your being bullied, abused and isolated? I found counselling for all those including my school torment very helpful, though it was quite some years ago. Bullying has a knock-on affect as you may know, the old memories rear up if we are confronted even with internet bullies today and recently I was frightened badly by someone. Also, try and limit what you read online because this will help you take back some control of your everyday life. It also has reduced my anxiety levels.

I filter what my young daughter reads online. This is in addition to having a 'net nanny', so useful these days. Peggy really appreciates it instead of revolting, as some teenagers can do. She's become a very happy child lately, and I think this has come from limiting her computer/phone browsing times.

. . . .

I'm on a course of antibiotics, and these brutes are pulling me down with the oral steroids. I hope my doctor can switch some meds around. I should be feeling better by now, but am not.
Hello Velvet Lounger,
thank you for your reply.

Yes, that is very good advice to limit my use of internet and watching news on TV,there is the danger of overload.At the same time I don't want to be a person that lives in ignorance while fascists kill.I have to do my bit to stop the rot.But still I have my limits and have to take care not to over reach them or if I get ill I am no use to anyone not even myself.

I did have counselling for the bullying and it helped to some extent but it hasn't stop me being triggered when fear sets in and memories flood back I get very unstable and insecure,which is why I have to do as you advise and not watch too much ,I can certainly spend less time online getting anxious about politics.

I think protecting your daughter by limiting her computer time is good for her.

I can't rely on medication as I have had my conditions made worse by severe side effects.

I hope that you feel better soon!

Hugs from:
Velvet Lounger

Thanks for this!
Velvet Lounger