piggy momma
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2018
70 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fille_folle View Post
Is the reason he said that that you were making threats to kill yourself all the time? I don't remember if it was you or someone else (maybe on a completely different website) that was talking about this before. Their T felt like he was being taken emotionally hostage because they kept threatening suicide. I think the T felt that the expressions of SI were a manifestation of their BPD rather than actual ideation. Iirc, they ended up being terminated and referred to DBT. The more I think about it, the more I think the person who posted this was the therapist, not the client. So not you. And who knows about the client's side of that story.

I seem to recall you have BPD, though - maybe he's working off of the same sort of logic? Not saying that's right for him to do, just wondering where he got the bizarre idea that this is a topic that should be restricted.
This isn’t me you’re thinking of. I do have BPD tho. His rationale is because if I’m that suicidal I need more help than he can provide me, which I understand. He is ethically doing the right thing.
piggy momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote