View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

WishfulThinker66 has no updates.

5 yr Member
117 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 09:56 AM

Give yourself an allowance. Put away your debit and credit cards (I used to put mine in the freezer) and then give yourself a set amount of cash to spend in a week. Maybe budget a little higher and wean yourself down to your desired budget over the course of a few weeks. When such luxuries as restaurant food come up as a wish, take a look at that cash you have and decide if you are prepared to give up a necessity.

Evaluate too what your necessities are and the luxury wish list you have.

I'd like to know why you are ordering out in the first place. What is triggering this? What is the urge? What would you much rather have instead? What could you be saving up for? And what is the trigger too causing you to avoid taking a small amount of time to prepare your own hot breakfast or brunch?

I cook a big breakfast once a week and I swear it takes less than 15min to do so. This is far less time than the effort to pick-up your phone to place that order, wait for it to then be prepared, followed by the time it takes to be delivered.

If, in your evaluation, you find you can not do without said meal, would you be able to at least save the delivery charges by either picking it up yourself or eating it at the restaurant?

So many ideas are coming to mind. These are just a few.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KD1980

Thanks for this!
Velvet Lounger