View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2019 at 10:08 AM

I think it is obvious that the bulk of these mass shootings are terrorism related. When are they going to stop calling those shootings made by white Christian ultra-conservative men one-off events or those caused by mental derangement?

Why is it that we automatically call a Muslim man a terrorist yet not a white man?

Think of Timothy McVeigh, Alexandre Bisonette, the ecole polytechnique massacre, and most recently the New Zealand mosque shootings. These were not acts necessarily of a delusional male. They absolutely are the acts of terrorism. Take the first, he was a far right wing militia man with a grudge to bear against the establishment. Take the second and the last, these were acts of Islamaphobic racism. The third, the act of an incel with an accusation feminists had prevented him from he himself getting admission to the college.

I could go on. I am sick and tired of the failure to call the acts of white nationalist racist bigots terrorism.

As for the recent events in New Zealand. The American President had an opportunity to address this by disavowing white nationalism supremacy. Unless he has since come out and said otherwise without my knowing and condemned the actions as terrorist, he instead chose to say the American people were sorry, sending his condolences, and thoughts and prayers wasn't good enough.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Nammu